Who gets the next spot?
So this is basically a reminder to the people already in the pool and a weak attempt at recruiting some fresh meat.
Season 9 ends with UFC on FOX in 2 weeks. Season 10 starts with UFC 159 on April 27, 2013. Joben will again be your humble commissioner that has all the joys of collecting the money (including the Canadian cash that he still can't deposit). Turnout for season 9 was an all-time high 66 players. It's takes real men (and our favorite Mania woman) to actually put money where your mouth is. Lots of people here claim to know the fights, but this is the way to prove it. So stop being a pussy and sign up already. Now for a little copy and paste from Phasebook who keeps the event updates moving along:
Now on to how you can join the most prestigious pool in Mixed Martial Arts history.
- If you're interested, please email JOBEN ( email@example.com )
- PLEASE, put the subject: MANIA MONEY POOL (username) in your email. You can copy furnished Phasebook if you want so he can also know who is joining. His email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joben will give specific instructions on how you can pay your entry fee ($20 for 10 events)
- NEW SEASON WILL START WITH UFC 159 (Jones vs Sonnen) on April 27 and will last until 9 more UFC events, whether pay-per-view of free TV.
- ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE BEFORE THE SECOND EVENT OF SEASON
HOW DO I DO THIS
- Create an account at mmaplayground.com (PG)
- Email Joben and tell him your username at PG
- Joben will invite you to the MANIA1 Camp
- Only accept invites from JOBEN.
- HOW DOES THIS WORK
- In a UFC event fight pick your winner, round and method of winning.
- Scoring is as follows: 5 points correct pick, 2 points correct round, 2 points correct method. 11 points if perfect.
IS THIS THING LEGIT?
- Geno Mrosko of MMA Mania was a former player in this pool and, well we already knew from the moment he joined, he stood no chance of even cracking the top 80.
HOW ABOUT IF I WIN AN EVENT? WILL I BE PAID?
- This will depend on how many people will join this season. If we hover 40 players, WE WILL PAY EVENT WINNERS and have their winnings as their entry fee for the next season. That way we keep it sustainable.
WHAT ARE THE PRIZES?
- THIS WILL DEPEND ON HOW MANY PLAYERS WILL JOIN.
You will not under ANY circumstances talk about how to pay in this thread. You WILL email our alcoholic commissioner Joben to discuss any such details. Do NOT talk about payment in the thread or anywhere else on BE. EMAIL ONLY.
Season 9 is still hotly contested with many in striking distance. Joben received a total of $1,213. The pool donated $200 to the Scotti fund and his wife sent an email to him thanking all of us. That leaves a total of $1,013. $200 of that will pay for the 10 event winners of season 9. The top 3 will be paid as follows:
1st - $570
2nd - $200
3rd - $80
The following people kicked ass and won event so they are already paid up for next season:
- Event 1: bigGcastle - 65 points
- Event 2: Snake_Pliskan - 74 points
- Event 3: scarnon - 69 points
- Event 4: the pride - 94 points
- Event 5: bitemyjacket - 86 points
- Event 6: ricky dooby - 89 points
- Event 7: freenow82 - 96 points
- Event 8: oilcheck - 98 points
- Event 9: ?
- Event 10: ?