The UFC's Dana White has released his first Vlog for the UFC on Fuel TV 8: Silva vs. Stann event on Saturday, which features a behind-the-scenes retrospective of UFC 157.
With Saturday's UFC on Fuel TV 8: Silva vs. Stann event around the corner, UFC big cheese Dana White has posted his first video blog for the show on the company's Youtube page.
Points of interest:
- The video begins with Dana congratulating a battered and disheartened Yuri Villefort, who was defeated by Nah-Shon Burrell in an all-out brawl for the show's opener. Dana proclaims, "This is one of those fights where there's no losers."
- Matt Grice finds consolation is his defeat to Dennis Bermudez, which was another down-and-dirty slug-fest, by realizing he gets to go home and see his kids (@ 2:15).
- A disappointed Lavar Johnson gets a fist-bump from Strikeforce middleweight champ Luke Rockhold, who tells him that Brendan Schaub was "scared to fight." Then Schaub strolls by and Johnson, likely choosing his praise carefully, says he fought "a smart fight." Schaub laughs and says something to the effect of, "You're fucking crazy if you thought I was going to stand with you." Then they both chuckle about Lavar seemingly encouraging Schaub to do just that during the fight (@ 4:25).
- Josh Koscheck getting a post-fight review of the stoppage from AKA trainer "Crazy" Bob Cook, who relays, "You're were on all fours and you created a little space, and he whacked you a good one." Koscheck replies, "I wasn't even out" (@ 4:45).
- After Urijah Faber shows Ivan Menjivar more respect backstage, Dana White strolls up and congratulates Faber, then humorously quips, "Now I don't have to cut you." Faber laughs and says, "I still think you're a weirdo" (@ 6:14).
- Burt Watson being his vivacious, lovable self as Liz Carmouche and Ronda Rousey are escorted into the arena.
Fuel TV Main Card (10:00 p.m. ET)
Facebook Preliminary Card (7:30 p.m. ET)