The UFC's ninth turn on Fox is, even after some injuries, still about as stacked as any free card can be, and with exactly the kind of fights that should be on free TV. There's a fun rematch for the flyweight title, a potential changing of the guard between Bantamweight contenders, and Joe Lauzon and Pat Healy are both fighting. But more exciting than any of these bouts is the sure-to-be violent matchup between long time top welterweight Carlos Condit, and Mattt "The Immortal" Brown.
My co-host Corey and I got the incredible opportunity to sit down for a talk with the Immortal for the 9th episode of my podcast Heavy Hands. The discussion is entirely focused on the different facets of his exciting style.
Matt explains his newfound comfort on the ground, and explains the philosophy behind his vaunted Muay Thai clinch. Finally, he discusses his strategy for Carlos Condit, his most dangerous opponent to date. Like most Matt Brown fights, his gameplan boils down to "punch him in the face till he falls down."
Many thanks to Matt Brown for the fantastic interview, and thanks to Bloody Elbow for bringing it to you, the listeners. Enjoy!
You can rate, review, and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here.
Or you can find the direct download and RSS links here.
Or just listen right here on Bloody Elbow, your place for UFC on Fox 9 coverage.
If you enjoyed this episode, head over to HeavyHandsPodcast.com for more interviews and fight analysis.
- Rigondeaux vs Agbeko live fight online, fight time, live streaming results HBO Boxing December 7
- Invicta 7: Ill Claudia Gadelha pulls out of title fight with Carla Esparza
- UFC Fight Night 33: Hunt vs. Bigfoot - Kid Nate's Bathrobe Review
- Shogun Rua not thinking about move from light heavyweight after knockout of the night victory over Te Huna
- UFC Fight Night 33: Hunt vs. Silva results and post-fight coverage