Early Saturday morning MMA Mania learned from Invicta that Gadelha was running a high fever late Friday night and she was diagnosed with a bacterial infection when she reached the hospital.
"Claudia ran a high fever late Friday evening and went to the hospital where she was diagnosed with a bacterial infection in her intestines," said Shannon Knapp, President Invicta Fighting Championships. "We know Claudia wanted this title opportunity more than anything and all of us at Invicta wish her a speedy recovery.
"Tonight's PPV will go on as planned with two world championship fights and a stacked undercard."
A previous attempt to book Esparza vs. Gadelha fell apart when Esparza was injured.
Bloody Elbow will have complete coverage of Invicta FC 7 tonight.
- Shogun Rua not thining about move from light heavyweight after knockout of the night victory over Te Huna
- UFC Fight Night 33: Hunt vs. Silva results and post-fight coverage
- UFC Fight Night 33 post-fight awards: Hunt, Silva, Shogun all pick up $50,000 bonuses
- Judah vs Malignaggi live fight online, fight time, live streaming results Showtime Boxing December 7
- UFC Fight Night 33 results: Winners and Losers