Julie Kedzie and Bethe Correia opened up UFC Fight Night 33 with a women's Bantamweight bout. Kedzie entered the fight coming off a loss to Germaine de Randamie in her UFC debut and already on a three-fight losing streak. Correia came into the fight as an injury replacement. She's undefeated in her 6-fight career.
The ladies definitely brought the action in a back and forth 3-founder. Despite Kedzie being the more established fighter, Correia continually brought the fight to her opponent. While Kedzie was able to land some good kicks and punches of her own throughout the fight, it was Correia who landed the more effective strikes, more consistently. It was a close fight that sent the judges to a split decision
Bethe Correia edges out Julie Kedzie in a split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- UFC Fight Night 33 results: Scoggins and Garcia take TKOs, Jotko scores boring unanimous decision
- UFC Fight Night 33: Mark Hunt vs. 'Bigfoot' Silva complete results
- Daniel Cormier vs. Rashad Evans headlines UFC 170
- UFC Fight Night Hunt vs Bigfoot fight card primer: Mark Hunt vs Bigfoot Silva
- Former UFC flyweight Ulysses Gomez collapses while cutting weight for Cage Warriors 62 main event