Former boxing champ Holly Holm will be looking to improve her undefeated professional MMA record to 6-0 against Angela Hayes (6-6) at Fresquez Productions in Albuquerque, N.M. Friday night. The fight will stream live at 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT on HollyHolm.com.
Holm is still under contract to Legacy FC and has two more fights on that deal although her coach Mike Winkeljohn says Holm is free to leave anytime for a UFC deal per MMA Fighting:
"We have talked to the UFC a few times already," Winkeljohn told MMAFighting.com. "We're just a little far apart on making the deal. We're just waiting for the UFC to make the right deal, and we're ready to go."
Winkeljohn said the plan is to revisit fighting in the UFC if all goes well against Hayes. Holm still has two more fights left on her Legacy FC contract, but there's a clause in the deal that allows her to sign with the UFC whenever she wants.
"Holly is ready for anybody out there," Winkeljohn said. "The top two or three are tough fights but she's already there. She's that good. Looking forward to shocking the world when we do get in there."
UFC president Dana White has acknowledged that he's regularly approached by fans asking him when he'll sign Holm.
- UFC Fight Night 33: Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua vs. James Te Huna Dissection
- John Dodson: Partial MCL and ACL tears will keep him out of action eight to 10 weeks
- Invicta FC 7 Prelims Preview & Prophecy: Calderwood, Budd, and Frausto-Gurgel
- Rigondeaux vs Agbeko preview: Guillermo Rigondeaux and the gap between talent and stardom
- BE's Baddest MMA Greatest of All Time Tournament: #1 Georges St. Pierre vs #3 Dan Henderson