No. 2 ranked flyweight, and perpetual ball of good cheer John Dodson thought he was going to welcome longtime bantamweight contender Scott Jorgensen to the UFC's 125-pound weight division at UFC on Fox 9. However, a knee injury derailed that booking, opening the door for former Bellator and current Resurrection Fighting Alliance Flyweight champion Zach Makovsky to move into Dodson's vacated spot on the fight card.
When Sherdog broke the news of the injury, they did not have any details other than the fact that it was a knee injury that forced Dodson (15-6) from the December 14 fight card.
Dodson recently posted a video on Instagram filling in those missing details:
I have partial tears of my MCL and ACL. Don't worry, I'm only going to be out eight to 10 weeks then I get back to training, and you get to see me back in the cage. Bam, let's get it.
Jorgensen (14-7) had originally been booked to face Ian McCall on the Fox 9 card, but an injury forced McCall out and moved Dodson on to the card. With Dodson's injury, Makovsky (16-4) will hopefully become the third and final opponent change for Jorgensen.
UFC on Fox 9 will take place from Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento, CA. Headlining the card will be a flyweight title bout between champion Demetrious Johnson and No. 1 ranked contender Joseph Benavidez.
- Invicta FC 7 Prelims Preview & Prophecy: Calderwood, Budd, and Frausto-Gurgel
- Rigondeaux vs Agbeko preview: Guillermo Rigondeaux and the gap between talent and stardom
- BE's Baddest MMA Greatest of All Time Tournament: #1 Georges St. Pierre vs #3 Dan Henderson
- UFC Fight Night 33: Ryan Bader vs. Anthony Perosh Dissection
- UFC Fight Night 33: Pat Barry vs. Soa Palelei Dissection