Undefeated UFC Heavyweight Daniel Cormier has signed a new 8-fight deal with the promotion according to UFC Tonight. Cormier is expected to compete at Light Heavyweight in his next bout. The report mentioned former LHW champ Rashad Evans as a possible opponent in Cormier's divisional debut.
Cormier won the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix in 2012 with a unanimous decision win over Josh Barnett in the final round. He originally entered the tournament, which featured such big names as Fedor Emelianenko, Alistair Overeem and ex-UFC champ Andrei Arlovski, as an alternate but beat Jeff Monson, Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva and Barnett to claim the title.
- Personality Close-up: Getting to know Felice Herrig (Part 2)
- Thiago Alves '100% healthy', wants to make his return at UFC 171
- Mark Hunt: Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva is just another fighter that is in my way
- Video: Phil Baroni already back in training after suffering gruesome leg injury at ONE FC
- Cat Zingano eyeing UFC 168 winner, ready to return to training in March