Michael McDonald is a very accomplished 22-year-old. He's 16-2 as a professional mixed martial artist. He's fought for a UFC title. And he hasn't had sex in three years.
Yup. That's what he's claiming anyhow. Via Fighters Only:
UFC bantamweight Michael McDonald made an interesting confession when he appeared recently on KMRQ Rock 96.7 radio's ‘Bueller and Brent' show.
Among various questions, host Joey Bueller asked McDonald what he does about sex during a training camp. Many fighters believe that going without sex for their six to ten week camp benefits their athletic performance.
"Do you cut sex out before a fight?" Bueller asked him.
"I've actually been abstinent from sex for about 3 and a half years now," McDonald replied. Momentary silence then Bueller cried, "So he's gonna kick some ass! This is why you've been on such a tear!"
McDonald fights Urijah Faber in the co-main event at UFC on Fox 9 on December 14 in Sacramento, Calfornia.
- Roy Jones fighting 'warm up' bout in Moscow to prepare for UFC's Anderson Silva
- Ultimate Fighter 18 Finale brings solid ratings
- Anderson Silva: 'My mistakes were basic mistakes' in Weidman fight
- Tete-A-Tete: UFC Fight Night 33 - Hunt vs. Bigfoot preview and predictions with Nate and Dallas
- Tweets of the Day: Ben Askren and Phil Baroni trade barbs