The second annual "Grapple at The Garden" wrestling event in New York ended with a bang as Arizona State University alumni Bubba Jenkins met Penn State's Frank Molinaro in the main event.
Competing in a college folkstyle match at 163 pounds, the bout was originally scheduled to be Jenkins VS Kyle Dake. Unfortunately, Dake fractured his right hand in two places while warming up for the Golden Grand Prix Finals in Azerbaijan (although Dake still managed to finish in fifth place despite his injury).
Jenkins and Molinaro were teammates for two seasons at Penn State, so there seemed to be some tension between the two once they stepped onto the mats. This pair of NCAA Division I All-Americans battled it through the duration of their regulated match time, earning a stalemate of 2-2 after the match had reached the end of the time limit. In the sudden death overtime, Jenkins managed to get a takedown to secure the win for himself, 4-2.
Check out the video highlights of the bout above and enjoy some top level wrestling!
- Forrest Griffin talks retirement, issues with judging
- Sources: Bellator Champ Ben Askren set to join ONE FC
- UFC fighter rankings: Rory MacDonald somehow ahead of Robbie Lawler again
- UFC Fight Night 33: Hunt vs. Bigfoot - Previews and pre-fight coverage, weigh-ins, odds, predictions, more
- UFC Fight Night 33: Hunt vs. Bigfoot - Care/Don't Care Preview with Eugene & Nate