Invicta champ Cris Cyborg wants Ronda Rousey to know that she's still around. The two ladies have been engaged in a war of words for years now but they've never fought because Cyborg didn't think she could make 135. After Rousey's UFC 168 win over Miesha Tate, she offered up another threat on twitter:
"Ronda I'm coming to get you!" pic.twitter.com/JcDZoKgpwV— Cris Cyborg (@criscyborg) December 29, 2013
Cyborg (12-1, 1 NC) was a dominant 145-pound champion in Strikeforce until she tested positive for steroids and sat out for a year. With Tito Ortiz acting as her manager, she tried to get a bout with Rousey in the UFC after Strikeforce closed down but insisted it be at a catchweight or at 145. Obviously that didn't happen.
I don't think there's much to be made of this. If she could make 135, I'm sure the UFC would bring her in and give her the shot. But she won't. Instead, Rousey is scheduled to meet Sara McMann in the main event of UFC 170, while Cyborg will continue plying her trade at 145 in Invicta.
- UFC Fight Night 34: Saffiedine vs. Lim fight card
- Anderson Silva sends message to fans - 'Now I need to be with my family'
- UFC 168 post-fight results: Fights to make for main card fighters
- Chris Weidman on ending UFC 168 using 'The Destruction'
- Knuckle Up #437: The Limits of Finiteness, The Horror & The Stink of Death Everywhere + UFC168: The Greatest Show On Earth