Ronda Rousey is set to defend her women's UFC Bantamweight belt against Miesha Tate this Saturday, December 28 at UFC 168. The two have fought before and Rousey won via first round arm bar. In fact, Rousey has won all 7 of her pro fights via first round arm bar.
That makes her fights a little predictable to oddsmakers who tend not to be generous with those wishing to bet on Rousey. Including her own corner. Here's what Ronda told Fox Sports:
"My whole corner bets on me," Rousey told FOX Sports. "They get mad at me because my odds always suck. They split like over 20 grand every fight because they believe in me. It doesn't put any extra pressure on me. I'm like, 'F--- yeah.' My guys have so much faith in me they'll put down 20 grand to win five.
"THEY GET MAD AT ME BECAUSE MY ODDS ALWAYS SUCK.
"This time, my friends were like, 'Ronda, if it wasn't a sure bet, I would be mad at you,'" she said. "I was expecting the odds actually to be closer because I went to do all that movie stuff and I thought maybe more people would doubt me because of that. To see I'm up that much is kind of cool but no so great for friends. It's nice to know they're so confident in me though."
Currently Rousey is a -800 favorite against Tate according to BestFightOdds.com. That means her corner would win roughly $2500 if they bet $20,000 and she beats Tate.
I find it fascinating that baseball will ban you for life if you bet on the game, but in MMA it's totally sanctioned. What a mysterious world.
- Anderson Silva: UFC 162 loss to Chris Weidman just a bad day at work
- Rebel FC 1 Results and Video: Rob Lisita submits 'Lion' Inoue, Taiyo Nakahara KOs Marcos Vinicius
- Daily MMA 12/22: UFC 168 pre-fight interviews, full fights, Weidman vs. Silva, Rousey vs. Tate, more
- Report: Gilbert Melendez vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 170
- Glory announces Cro Cop vs Bonjasky in Zagreb; Denver show rumored