The UFC's first return home to Las Vegas in 2014 will take place on February 22nd when UFC 170 takes place at Mandalay Bay. The main event will see the long-awaited light heavyweight debut of Daniel Cormier, as he takes on former champ Rashad Evans. A win for Cormier could earn him a title shot against the winner of the UFC 172 bout between Jon Jones and Glover Teixeira.
There's no confirmed co-main event yet, but it might very well be an important welterweight showdown between Rory MacDonald and Demian Maia. Both are coming off losses and need to get back into the win column to help their chances at a title shot in the new era of the UFC's 170 point division.
Here's the current card so far, with a bunch of bouts still to be added:
Daniel Cormier vs. Rashad Evans
Rory MacDonald vs. Demian Maia
Mike Pyle vs. T.J. Waldburger
Rafael dos Anjos vs. Rustam Khabilov
Raphael Assuncao vs. Francisco Rivera
Stephen Thompson vs. Robert Whittaker
- Three fighters removed from UFC rosters
- High finishing rate stands out after two years worth of UFC's five round non-title main events
- Miesha Tate not buying that Ronda Rousey is 'this invincible person'
- Olympic Wrestling's New Rules Keep the Sport on a Positive Path
- 'Bigfoot' Silva looking to sue doctor following failed drug test at UFC Fight Night 33