A much-anticipated welterweight matchup between Strikeforce vets at UFC Fight Night 35 is now off. Adlan Amagov has suffered an undisclosed injury and has been removed from the card. The news was originally brought to light by MMABoxing.ru, and confirmed by MMA Junkie.
Amagov (13-2-1) is 2-0 in the UFC so far, knocking out T.J. Waldburger in the first round of his last bout. High (18-4), who has won two bouts in a row, apparently found out about Amagov being out from twitter:
@jnsanchez whaaaaat…?— Marcelino Evil (@KCBanditMMA) December 17, 2013
The UFC has a little under four weeks to find a replacement for High, as UFC Fight Night 35 goes down in Duluth, GA on January 15th. The main event will see former Strikeforce champ Luke Rockhold taking on Costa Philippou in a five-round middleweight battle.
- Three fighters removed from UFC rosters
- High finishing rate stands out after two years worth of UFC's five round non-title main events
- Miesha Tate not buying that Ronda Rousey is 'this invincible person'
- Olympic Wrestling's New Rules Keep the Sport on a Positive Path
- 'Bigfoot' Silva looking to sue doctor following failed drug test at UFC Fight Night 33