In which I offer my post-fight review and analysis of UFC on Fox 9: Johnson vs. Benavidez 2 from top to bottom.
If you like this sort of thing, subscribe to MMA Nation on YouTube and get all of my videos as soon as they're uploaded.
Having troubles viewing the video? Watch it on YouTube.
Topics covered include:
- Darren Uyenoyama, Cody McKenzie and the sad reality that there's no room in the UFC for guys getting by on submission savvy.
- Abel Trujillo and the do-over he put all over Roger Bowling's face
- Sam Stout and the Sean Tompkins school of striking
- Zach Makovsky and inter-promotional parity in the sport, ie in your face Dana, Bellator fighters represent!
- Bobby Green's new-found good sportsmanship and his gritty, hard-nosed, blue-collar fighting style, plus explosive!
- The incredible war between Edson Barboza and Danny Castillo and the nature of 10-8 rounds
- Is Mac Danzig finally done in the UFC?
- Chad Mendes and Joe Rogan needs to ease up dude, fighting is teh hard
- Urijah Faber, the California Kid never die...UFC title in his future?
- Demetrious Johnson, Matt Hume and the meaning of excellence
- The Anthony Pettis vs Josh Thomson title fight we didn't get (forgot to mention Carlos Condit vs. Matt Brown, but that too!)