Another day, another chance for Dana White to bask in his well-earned success. The Sports Business Journal has named white the "Sports Innovator of the Year." Gareth Davies reports in the UK Telegraph:
Matt Cutler, editor of Sports Business International, said: "For both our subscribers and our judging panel, Dana White's aggressive global expansion plans for the UFC gained real traction in 2013. How far he has taken the sports property in such a short period of time has been remarkable"
"If sports executives want to look at ways to really think outside the box commercially, they should take a look at what White has achieved this year."
White said: "Myself and my partners are truly honoured to receive this award. Our goal since 2001 has been to take the UFC global."
"We have always believed in the sport and the UFC brand. We have been working for many years to get everything ready for our move into global expansion and it's all lined up for 2014."
Garry Cook, the UFC's Executive Vice President and Managing Director of EMEA commented: "This award is indicative of the changing sports landscape. Our recognition reflects our ability to bring innovation to our dominant 18-34 demographic fan base. We will continue to deliver compelling, authentic live sports content to media partners and fans around the world"
- Chris Weidman: 'I have to solidify myself as champion' by beating Anderson Silva again
- BE's Baddest MMA Greatest of All Time Tournament: #1 Anderson Silva vs #3 Matt Hughes
- Is Georges St-Pierre retiring? The UFC champ set to annouce plans for future on Friday
- UFC streaming MMA online with new digital network
- UFC fighter rankings: Shogun Rua, Mark Hunt move up