Usually these bonus posts are pretty straightforward, but tonight's TUF 18 Finale saw a twist on the 50k checks that are given out to the fighter with the best knockout, submission, and the two fighters that compete in the fight of the night.
The first two were normal enough - Nate Diaz won the knockout of the night bonus for the beating he put on Gray Maynard, and Chris Holdsworth won submission of the night for his win over Davey Grant. But then it gets weird.
Flyweight Ryan Benoit, who was submitted in the second-round of the opening bout on the card by Josh Sampo, made out like a bandit. Since Sampo didn't make weight for the bout, he forfeited his half of the fight of the night bonus. Dana White confirmed at the post-fight press conference that Benoit was given the whole thing instead, so he just made a cool 100k.
- UFC TUF 18 Finale fight card primer: Main card
- Ultimate Fighter 18 Finale: Maynard vs Diaz - Live results and play-by-play for main card
- Ultimate Fighter 18 Finale: Diaz vs Maynard - Live results and play-by-play for undercard
- Judo Chop: Gray Maynard & Nick Diaz, Boxing Strategy
- TUF 18 Finale: Nate Diaz vs. Gray Maynard Dissection