In the main event of the TUF 18 Finale, Nate Diaz and Gray Maynard completed their lightweight trilogy. And the final battle was all Diaz. The Stockton native completely destroyed Maynard with heavy strikes, leaving Maynard out on his feet for a few seconds and forcing the referee to step in before he had even fallen down. Check out the video highlights above, and read BE editor Brent Brookhouse's play-by-play of the fight below.
Gray Maynard vs. Nate Diaz - Round 1 - Diaz with a good left hand. Maynard with a right hand, Diaz with a left. Maynard with a takedown, they get up and Diaz with a big throw but the're right back to the feet and Diaz lands a knee. Maynard is bleeding a little. Diaz hurts Maynard and now he's pouring it on with big shots. Maynard is trying to survive as Diaz pours on the punishment. Diaz is just blitzing him and Maynard is barely able to stand as the ref ends it. Nate Diaz wins by TKO (punches), round 1.
- UFC TUF 18 Finale fight card primer: Main card
- Ultimate Fighter 18 Finale: Maynard vs Diaz - Live results and play-by-play for main card
- Ultimate Fighter 18 Finale: Diaz vs Maynard - Live results and play-by-play for undercard
- Judo Chop: Gray Maynard & Nick Diaz, Boxing Strategy
- TUF 18 Finale: Nate Diaz vs. Gray Maynard Dissection