The main event of the TUF 18 Finale was expected to be a third battle of attrition between Nate Diaz and Gray Maynard. Instead, Diaz handed Maynard a good old Stockton beatdown. After an early takedown from Gray, Nate got up and wobbled Maynard with a hook and it was all downhill for him from there.
Diaz landed a ton of brutal shots that Maynard didn't defend at all, seemingly out on his feet. Finally after a ton of shots landed, referee Yves Lavigne stepped in and stopped the fight. After the stoppage, Maynard went down as he was trying to walk away. That's how bad the beating was. The finish came at the 2:38 mark of the first round.
The win stopped a two-fight losing streak for Diaz, while Maynard has just one win in his last five fights.
- UFC TUF 18 Finale fight card primer: Main card
- Ultimate Fighter 18 Finale: Maynard vs Diaz - Live results and play-by-play for main card
- Ultimate Fighter 18 Finale: Diaz vs Maynard - Live results and play-by-play for undercard
- Judo Chop: Gray Maynard & Nick Diaz, Boxing Strategy
- TUF 18 Finale: Nate Diaz vs. Gray Maynard Dissection