- Davis does what she does best. Move forward… slowly, but with superior technique. This is close to the real Davis, not the one they made Rosi Sexton look like she belongs in the UFC.
- Liz Carmouche as a -200 FAVORITE had me tripping. She fought admirably against Ronda, but c'mon, her pedigree ain't even close to Davis'. Hopefully some people made some money off Davis, and/or on a Nunes (the underdog) - Davis parlay.
- No idea what Carmouche’s game plan was. She didn’t wanna grapple with Davis, utilizing pretty decent movement, but threw like 5 punches the whole fight.
- One of the leg kicks in round 1 seemed to hurt her calf or something, and maybe that looks to have affected her greatly
- The only time Davis was able to show off her LEGIT LEGIT black belt in BJJ was in round 2 and it was gorgeous. By far the most exciting part of the fight for me, that had me yelling "ALEXIS DAVIS" to myself.
- Only options "eye" see are Nunes rematch or Jessica Evil Eye. See what I did there? Oh, and Sara McMann. Ronda has enough contenders (or maybe it’s gonna be Miesha) to last the bantamweight division a while.
- BANTAMWEIGHT WOMEN HAS MORE DEPTH THAN FLYWEIGHT MEN, I said it...
Nunes vs. de Randamie
- Were those shots from mount damaging de Randamie? Not really. Was she blocking most of them? Pretty much. But, if you don’t know or don’t even try a basic hip escape or hell, give up your back trying to stand up… I’m not sure you should be in the UFC.
- de Randamie is just not ruthless enough on the feet, to damage her opponents, nor does she have the grappling chops to keep the fight standing. I’d rather see her fight Cyborg at 145, but she’d get destroyed on the ground.
- For those who watch Invicta, you've seen Miriam Nakamoto, destroy Duke and Duda from the clinch. de Randamie has faced tougher opposition, but I'm still waiting for that 46-0 Muay Thai or the viciousness in her first Strikeforce fight (that was 2 years ago on a Nick Diaz headlined card)
- Nunes’ post fight interview was that Anderson Silva "remember a phrase or two" level
- Can't wait til the chicks from the Ultimate Fighter come in, creates a lot of new, interesting match ups.
Fun card. Great atmosphere. I didn’t have to watch it live, but there was a little too much army military related videos for me. Anyone else noticed that this card had 3 themes.
The obvious fighters with military backgrounds, two women fights (this was only the 2nd UFC card with two female fights) and a lot of black fights. A surprising amount. Lorenz Larkin, Yves Edwards, Neil Magny (who also had a military background), Brunson and Houston, and I’m not sure if Yoel Romero has any African blood or he’s just a dark skinned Cuban, but yeah I found that odd. And did anyone see some weird Asian guy during the Facebook fights when the fighters were getting the vaseline put on and body checked?