In the co-main event of UFC Fight Night 31, Women's Bantamweight Alexis Davis pulled off the upset over former contender Liz Carmouche with a unanimous decision. The fight started slow and surprisingly feature almost no grappling. Davis outworked Carmouche on the feet throughout their 15 minute bout. She pressured her with a high-volume, forward-moving attack, disrupting Carmouche's rhythm with a lot of leg kicks. In the second round, Carmouche opened up a cut above her opponents left eye, but Davis was undeterred despite a blood-covered face. After the final bell, all three judges saw it for Alexis Davis.
You can check out the highlights from the bout in the video above. Davis became the first female fighter in the UFC to gain a 2-0 record. Carmouche dropped to 1-2 with the loss.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- UFC Fight for the Troops 3 results: Alexis Davis outpoints Liz Carmouche
- The Ultimate Fighter season 18, episode 10 live discussion
- UFC Fight for the Troops 3 results: Yoel Romero knocks out Rony Markes
- UFC Fight for the Troops 3 results: Rustam Khabilov takes entertaining decision over Jorge Masvidal
- Bad Boy Presents Bloody Elbow Radio - Episode 301: UFC Fight for the Troops Post-Fight Show