Wednesday night at UFC Fight Night 31, Middleweights Tim Kennedy and Rafael Natal faced off in Fort Campbell, KY. Kennedy came out to the cheers of the Fort Campbell, KY troops in the crowd. Natal and Kennedy took some time to find their rhythm on the feet. The crowd erupted in a "Ranger Up! Ranger Up!" cheer in support of their fellow military veteran. Late in the round, Kennedy landed a lunging left hook that dropped Natal to the mat, forcing referee Herb Dean to stop the fight.
Kennedy improved to 2-0 in the UFC with a performance that UFC president Dana White should appreciate more than his debut against Roger Gracie. Natal dropped to 5-3-1 with the promotion. He was on a 3-fight win streak prior to the TKO loss, all taking place in 2013.
Watch the highlights from the bout and the exciting finish in the video above.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- UFC Fight for the Troops 3 results: Alexis Davis outpoints Liz Carmouche
- The Ultimate Fighter season 18, episode 10 live discussion
- UFC Fight for the Troops 3 results: Yoel Romero knocks out Rony Markes
- UFC Fight for the Troops 3 results: Rustam Khabilov takes entertaining decision over Jorge Masvidal
- Bad Boy Presents Bloody Elbow Radio - Episode 301: UFC Fight for the Troops Post-Fight Show