The men's bantamweight final at the TUF 18 Finale was the first main card fight to feature a finish, and it was Chris Holdsworth getting his hand raised. After a strong first round, Holdsworth capitalized on a mistake by opponent David Grant and got his back. From there, it was just a matter of time. Holdsworth picked up the submission win at 2:10 of the first round.
The Team Alpha Male product submitted all of his opponents on the show, and came in as a decided favorite. The first round featured a lot of striking with Holdworth getting some top time, but the fight was never in danger of ending. That all changed in the second when Chris got the advantageous position, and he got the finish he desired.
With the win, Holdsworth wins the men's portion of TUF 18 and gets a six-figure contract along with a new Harley Davidson motorcycle.
- UFC TUF 18 Finale fight card primer: Main card
- Ultimate Fighter 18 Finale: Maynard vs Diaz - Live results and play-by-play for main card
- Ultimate Fighter 18 Finale: Diaz vs Maynard - Live results and play-by-play for undercard
- Judo Chop: Gray Maynard & Nick Diaz, Boxing Strategy
- TUF 18 Finale: Nate Diaz vs. Gray Maynard Dissection