Based on the match-ups made for the UFC Fight Night 30 preliminary card, the odds of several of the losing fighters being cut were fairly high. The opening fight of the evening saw The Netherlands' Michael Kuiper lose a 1st round submission to Bradley Scott, dropping Kuiper to a paltry 1-3 in the UFC. According to Dutch website Round 1 Network, Kuiper has been let go by the promotion.
The 24-year-old made his debut in 2012 against Rafael Natal, losing a unanimous decision after dropping the first two rounds and coming up just short in his 3rd round rally. Kuiper stopped Jared Hamman at UFC 150 to record his lone UFC victory, but his reported release came through his consecutive submission losses to Scott and Tom Lawlor.
It's not a surprising cut at all considering Kuiper did not perform well at all against Scott, but at 24 years old it's not inconceivable to think that he could be back in the UFC a few years down the road, especially at a time when the UFC is heavily pushing for more European-based events.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- Bellator 106: Eddie Alvarez vs. Michael Chandler 2 highlights
- Bellator 106 results and post-fight coverage
- Dana White says 'Djork' Rebney got 'a big plate of karma,' Rebney responds
- Gennady Golovkin vs Curtis Stevens fight video highlights: Watch Golovkin vs Stevens fight here
- Olympic gold medalist Jordan Burroughs says 'brutal' MMA is not for him