The finals for the EA Sports UFC video game cover are set, and it's a bit surprising. The final vote will come down to UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre and Swedish light heavyweight Alexander Gustafsson. The winner will be featured on the alternate cover for the game, with UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones already confirmed as the other man to grave the cover.
St-Pierre defeated Chris Weidman, Johny Hendricks, and Anthony Pettis to reach the finals, while Gustafsson knocked off Daniel Cormier, Miesha Tate, and Chael Sonnen. Frankly I'm surprised that Gustafsson got by Sonnen, but good for him. GSP is coming off a close UFC 167 win over Hendricks in the real world, while Gustafsson came up just a bit short in his UFC 165 title shot against Jones and is scheduled to meet Jimi Manuwa in London in March.
Voting for the finals has already started, and you can make your pick here.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- Tim Kennedy blames Firas Zahabi, not Greg Jackson for GSP's cautious style
- Knuckle Up #442: The onslaught of continued douchechills courtesy of GSP, Pacquiao-Rios + Victory: Again
- Jon Jones wants a superfight with Cain Velasquez in 2014
- BE's Baddest MMA Greatest of All Time Tournament: #1 Jon Jones vs #5 Shogun Rua
- Pacquiao's Next Fight: Manny targets April or May 2014 return, hopes for Floyd Mayweather bout