The last we saw Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira aka Minotauro aka Big Nog, he was verbally submitting to Fabricio Werdum in June. He's got big plans to come back in 2014 and told MMA Fighting all about them:
"I'm totally interested in this fight," Nogueira told MMAFighting.com. "(Roy Nelson) is a tough athlete and is always fighting the tops. I would like to fight him. He has a heavy hand and would be a good challenge.
"I'm not training hard yet, but I'm always training something with my coaches," he said. "But I won't be able to train hard before January. I want to be back to the cage by March or April.
"I'll be recovered from my injury by the end of the year," he said. "Ligament injuries require six months to recover, so I can't come back before that. So before I'm able to return to training, I'm focused in my gym."
More from Bloody Elbow:
- Tim Kennedy blames Firas Zahabi, not Greg Jackson for GSP's cautious style
- Knuckle Up #442: The onslaught of continued douchechills courtesy of GSP, Pacquiao-Rios + Victory: Again
- Jon Jones wants a superfight with Cain Velasquez in 2014
- BE's Baddest MMA Greatest of All Time Tournament: #1 Jon Jones vs #5 Shogun Rua
- Pacquiao's Next Fight: Manny targets April or May 2014 return, hopes for Floyd Mayweather bout