UPDATE: Apparently this is all wrong. Despite pre-announcement rumors that Sparv was on the UFC's list for Singapore, and despite a tweet that was meant to lead readers into thinking Sparv had signed with the organization, he is not in fact part of the UFC's January 4th card. FightSport.fi has the report straight from Sparv:
Of course, the UFC is making its way to Singapore at the beginning of january, but Sparvia not see the card.
- "It's not true. I have the following a match in Singapore, but it is not the UFC," Sparv laughs. - translation via Google.
There are still rumors swirling that the UFC may have picked up Garrick Seah, Dave Galera, Jon Delos Reyes, and Roldan Sangcha-an as well. But at this point any initial reports should be taken with a grain of salt... Stay tuned for confirmation and for breakdowns of each of the UFC's new fighters as their signing is announced.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- Tim Kennedy blames Firas Zahabi, not Greg Jackson for GSP's cautious style
- Knuckle Up #442: The onslaught of continued douchechills courtesy of GSP, Pacquiao-Rios + Victory: Again
- Jon Jones wants a superfight with Cain Velasquez in 2014
- BE's Baddest MMA Greatest of All Time Tournament: #1 Jon Jones vs #5 Shogun Rua
- Pacquiao's Next Fight: Manny targets April or May 2014 return, hopes for Floyd Mayweather bout