the debut event in Canada for World Series of Fighting has seen a late change to the main event. The show, scheduled for December 7th at the Agrodome in Vancouver, originally had a light heavyweight headliner with Strikeforce vet Mike Kyle taking on UFC vet Anthony Johnson. A broken toe has forced Kyle off the card though, and with not enough time to find a suitable replacement, Rumble was pulled as well.
The news came via press release from the organization.
The new main event will be for the promotion's inaugural featherweight title. Former Bellator fighter Georgi Karakhanyan will meet Team Alpha Male's Lance Palmer for the belt in a five-round fight. The main card also features the delayed middleweight tournament bout between Elvis Mutapcic and TUF competitor Jesse Taylor.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- The UFC's light heavyweight division is in disarray and showing little sign of improvement
- Johny Hendricks claims that poor hand wraps had him punching GSP at only 70% power
- Glory 12 New York live online results, fight time, fight card more live on Spike TV
- UFC: Josh Thomson says Henderson is more of a threat than Pettis
- Glory 12 fight video live online: Watch Robin van Roosmalen vs. Murthel Groenhart full fight now