"I always cringe over having surgeries because I can't take painkillers. I used to be addicted, so I don't touch them. It didn't hurt, they just told me to take as much time away as I needed. But, five days out I was already running and then within two weeks I was in full head gear and was going like 50 percent. I thought I was in great shape during the show, but now it's next level.
"I'm at the end of my career. Not because I can't compete, but there are other things I want to do in life. I want to make one more run at the title and then hang them up. It could take one year, it could take five.
"I would beat (Nick Diaz) again, 100 percent. Absolutely I would beat Nick again, that would be a fun fight, we have gone 18 fights after that and I think stylistically, styles make fights. I kind of wrote the book on how to beat him. You can't get that guy to go backward, you have to counter punch him, and he is very easy to counter punch."
Riggs fights Mike Bronzoulis tonight at Bellator 106.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- Bellator 106: Mike Bronzoulis vs. Joe Riggs Dissection
- Bellator 106: Previews, Analysis and Predictions for main card fights
- Bellator 106: Mike Richman vs. Akop Stepanyan Dissection
- Bellator 106 in-depth preview & predictions with Dallas Winston & Kid Nate - MMA Tete-A-Tete
- Lion Fight 12 live discussion, results & gifs