Well that was quick. Just days after announcing that Jon Jones would defend his light heavyweight title against Glover Teixeira in the main event of UFC 170 on February 22nd, the bout has been pushed back. UFC president Dana White told a media scrum that Jones pulled out of the bout and it will probably take place in March instead:
Dana: Jones vs Teixeira is now NOT happening on 2/22. He just found out before the presser. It might happen in march now. He wouldn't say y.— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) November 14, 2013
No new main event yet for UFC 170, btw.— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) November 14, 2013
Jon Jones will not face Glover on Feb. 22. Says Jones pulled out. Dana says it might be March now.— Jeremy Botter (@jeremybotter) November 14, 2013
Jones (19-1) tweeted about the UFC 170 bout this morning, but has since deleted the tweet. I'm not sure why Jones can't fight at the end of February but they're considering a March date, but I'm sure more information regarding that will come out soon. The bout had been previously rumored to be taking place at UFC 169, but ended up on 170 instead. Now? Who knows when it'll go down.