UFC Light Heavyweight champion Jon Jones faced the toughest test of his career at UFC 165. He went back and fourth over five rounds with Alexander Gustafsson before taking the unanimous decision victory. Despite calls for an immediate rematch, Jones was matched against Glover Teixeira for his next title defense.
Until now the date had not been set for Jones' next record setting defense. UFC Tonight first reported the news on Twitter:
Glover is coming of a knockout win over TUF 8 veteran Ryan Bader. Teixeira has gone undefeated in the UFC over Glover has gone undefeated in five appearances in the Octagon. He'll have his hands full with the current record holder for most consecutive 205 lb. title defenses in UFC history.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- Johny Hendricks goes off about WADA/VADA testing and Georges St-Pierre before UFC 167
- The Ultimate Fighter season 18, episode 11 live discussion
- Regarding fight offer from Dana White, Nick Diaz says 'I don't have a manager so...'
- ONE FC 13: Oishi vs. Banario 2 Fight Card Shaping up
- Daily MMA 11/13: Dana White UFC 167 Vlog, Silva vs. Sonnen and GSP vs. Condit fight videos