In a Light Heavyweight fight, Vitor Belfort capped off UFC Fight Night 32 with a 77 second KO win over Dan Henderson. After the show, UFC president Dana White sat down for a post-fight media scrum. When asked about a potential return of former Welterweight challenger Nick Diaz, White said, "I offered Nick Diaz a fight last week and his manager called me back saying he's retired," White said on Saturday night."
Apparently, the reported offer comes as a surprise to the Stockton native. Diaz told Fighters Only:
I don’t have a manager right now so…
I don’t have a manager. I haven’t had a manager since my last fight. They should know that.
His last fight was the unanimous decision loss to Georges St. Pierre for the 170 lb. title at UFC 158 in March.
And once again MMA fans are left to wonder, what exactly is going on with Nick Diaz? The Welterweight has said recently that he'd be willing to return to the Octagon for a 'big fight'. However, he doesn't specify exactly what fight would be big enough to initiate the comeback. He did say he's not interested in fighting Middleweight Michael Bisping, who called him out recently. For now, we'll just have to wait and see if the UFC and Diaz can reach an agreement.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- ONE FC 13: Oishi vs. Banario 2 Fight Card Shaping up
- Daily MMA 11/13: Dana White UFC 167 Vlog, Silva vs. Sonnen and GSP vs. Condit fight videos
- Jon Jones says he doesn't know who Richie Incognito is, but would 'kill him' in a fight
- Matt Riddle pulls out of Bellator 109 bout with Nathan Coy
- WSOF president considering adding Rousimar Palhares to roster