During the UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Henderson post-fight scrum Dana White told the media that he had talked to Nick Diaz recently about a potential return to the cage. The answer was less than promising.
"I offered Nick Diaz a fight last week and his manager called me back saying he's retired," White said on Saturday night. - via MMAFighting
It's strange to say it, because the message coming from Diaz's camp isn't exactly new, but this is starting to feel fairly final. He doesn't have a film career, or other flash-in-the-pan occupations to take up his time and bring in money (at least not if we're already considering WAR MMA a dead venture). So, at this point, if he's saying he doesn't want to fight anymore, I'm fairly inclined to believe it. I still wouldn't rule out a comeback several years down the line, very few fighters stay out of the game forever, but I'm seriously doubting that we ever see him in the UFC again.
What do you think? Is this just a prolonged interlude before the money completely dries up, or are the days of seeing Nick Diaz in the cage really over? Is WAR MMA dead, what will be Nick's next business venture?
More from Bloody Elbow:
- UFC Fight Night 32 results: Kid Nate's bathrobe review
- UFC 167: Brian Ebersole 'Nobody’s talking about anybody but Georges'
- Photos: Alexander Gustafsson hosts open-workout in front of thousands of fans in Manila, Philippines
- UFC Fight Night 32 Belfort vs Henderson Results: Sunday Perspective
- UFC Fight Night 32: Winners and Losers