The final month of 2013 is shaping up to be a great one, and the UFC has added an intriguing bantamweight bout to its Brisbane lineup. Alex Caceres and Mitch Gagnon, who both won at UFC 165 a couple of weeks ago, will fight each other at UFC Fight Night 33:
Caceres (9-5, 1 NC) is unbeaten in 5 of his 6 fights at bantamweight, and at UFC 165 vs. Roland Delorme he recovered from an early knockdown and submission attempt by Delorme to win a split decision. The TUF 12 alum had a win taken away from him earlier this year after he tested positive for marijuana metabolites following his fight with Kyung Ho Kang.
Gagnon (10-2) lost a thrilling UFC debut against Bryan Caraway in the largely not-thrilling UFC 149, but he's won his last two bouts by submission. His guillotine choke against Dustin Kimura put Kimura to sleep in what was an incredible back-and-forth round of action.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- UFC Fight Night: Shields vs Maia - Live results and play-by-play for Fox Sports 1 prelims
- Stefan Struve receives positive news on heart condition
- How's Taste My Tweet Tweet? Askren vs. GSP, Belt Promotions, Team Alpha Male craziness
- UFC Fight Night 29: The Demian Maia vs. Jake Shields Prognostication
- BE's Baddest MMA Greatest of All Time Tournament: #3 Dan Henderson vs. #6 Junior dos Santos