Another installment of the MMA Tete-A-Tete: Coarsening the Discourse has arrived. Eugene S. Robinson, author of Fight: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Ass-Kicking but Were Afraid You'd Get Your Ass Kicked for Asking, is Kid Nate's counterpart for this edition.
As always if you enjoy this sort of gum flapping, subscribe to the MMA Nation YouTube channel. Subscribers are the only ones who can watch us shoot these things live.
Please note that the "care/don't care preview" is in no way intended to disrespect the fighters in question and is merely our attempt to evaluate the marketing efforts on behalf of said fighters by the UFC and their management.
Today Kid Nate and Eugene discuss:
- Every fight on the UFC Fight Night 29: Maia vs. Shields card
- Whether or not the fact that Jake Shields is fighting for his job while Demian Maia is fighting for a title shot is good or bad for Maia
- Whether or not Erick Silva is being thrown into the deep end prematurely against Dong Hyun Kim
- Matt Hamill and whether or not we feel sorry for him against Thiago Silva
- We revisit Eugene's contention that Rousimar Palhares' habit of holding heel hooks too long is cheating or not
- My personal affront at people daring to pick Joey Beltran over Fabio Maldonado
- Eugene's recent senior division super heavyweight world title win at the IBJJs
- Eugene tells tales on himself including being tempted to watch an enemy drown and being attacked by a pack of dogs while holding a large hunting knife
- And much much more!
More from Bloody Elbow:
- Personality Closeup: 25 fun questions with Phil Baroni
- UFC Fight Night 29: Maia vs. Shields staff picks and predictions
- UFC Fight Night 29: Fabio Maldonado vs. Joey Beltran Dissection
- UFC considering imposing a time limit before stripping the title from injured champions
- UFC Fight Night 29: Maia vs. Shields weigh-in results: Shields 171, Maia 171, Thiago Silva misses weight