We're nearing a full fight lineup for UFC 168 on December 28th, as the UFC has added a featherweight tilt to its preliminary card. Estevan Payan, formerly of Strikeforce, will take on Robbie Peralta at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada:
Peralta (16-4, 1 NC) suffered an upset loss to Akira Corassani at UFC on Fuel 9 in Sweden, which ended his unbeaten run at 10. To make matters worse, he failed his post-fight drug test (having tested positive for marijuana) and was suspended 6 months from April. As it stands now, Peralta has 1 win, 1 loss (plus a suspension), and 1 no-contest after an accidental headbutt KO'd Mackens Sermerzier.
Payan (14-4, 1 NC) was completely dominated by Jeremy Stephens at UFC 160, and was due to fight Charles Oliveira at UFC 166 before pulling out with an injury. The 31-year-old went 2-0 in Strikeforce, with wins over Alonzo Martinez and Mike Bravo.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- B.J. Penn retains Mike Dolce to help him make featherweight
- Nick Lembo talks weigh ins following death of Brazilian fighter
- Fabricio Werdum on Alistair Overeem: 'Let's see how he does without his juice'
- Miguel Torres to face Pablo Alfonso at WSOF 6
- UFC Fight Night 29: Fabio Maldonado plans to 'hurt and knock out' Joey Beltran