Jake Shields will face Demian Maia in the headliner of Wednesday's UFC Fight Night 29: Shields vs. Maia which takes place at Ginasio Jose Correa in Barueri, Brazil on October 9 and will air in the U.S. on Fox Sports 1.
To promote the fight, the UFC has released Shield's UFC 144 unanimous decision win over Yoshihiro Akiyama from March 2012. Shields is 3-2 with 1 NC since coming to the UFC and given his tedious fighting style, every fight is a must win for the Californian.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- Cotto vs. Rodriguez highlights and results: Miguel Cotto knocks out Delvin Rodriguez in round 3
- Kidney issues prevent Rodrigo Damm from fighting Hacran Dias at UFC Fight Night 29
- Klitschko vs. Povetkin highlights and results: Wladimir Klitschko clinches his way to unanimous decision over Alexander Povetkin
- Renzo Gracie gives Dana White answer as to why he wants to fight again
- John Howard vs. Siyar Bahadurzada added to UFC 168