Fans hoping for a first look at one of the UFC's newest and most unknown women bantamweights will have to wait a little longer. Sports Illustrated reports that Russian debutante Aleksandra Albu has been pulled from her upcoming fight against Julie Kedzie due to and unspecified injury. The two were set to meet at Fight Night 33: Hunt vs. Silva in Brisbane, Australia; a replacement for Albu has not yet been named.
While not on the same card, another Fight Night event has been hit with injuries. Fox Sports reports that both Lucas Martins and Johnny Eduardo were forced to pull out of their bout at UFC Fight Night 32: Belfort vs. Henderson, with undisclosed injuries. For Martins, this is a minor setback in his hopes to separate himself from the pack at bantamweight. The former lightweight is one of the largest fighters in the division and is coming off a fantastic first round technical submission of Junior Hernandez. For Eduardo, this is the third straight fight he's pulled out of due to injury. He hasn't fought since May of 2012, and at 35 the door is fast closing for the Nova Uniao Muay Thai instructor to make an impact in the division. No replacement bout will be made for the card.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- Johny Hendricks picks up Reebok sponsorship ahead of UFC 167
- Bloody Elbow October 2013 Meta-Rankings
- Josh Barnett granted conditional license by NSAC after agreeing to UFC-funded random WADA testing
- Bloody Elbow October 2013 Meta-Rankings: Heavyweight
- Recent MMA TV ratings and pay-per-view numbers disappoint