Another installment of the MMA Tete-A-Tete: Coarsening the Discourse has arrived. Eugene S. Robinson, author of Fight: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Ass-Kicking but Were Afraid You'd Get Your Ass Kicked for Asking, is Kid Nate's counterpart for this edition.
Sorry for the poor technical quality of this episode. I upgraded to fiber in the home but it hasn't worked out so I'm de-upgrading on Friday and should have the issue resolved next week.
Topics covered today include:
- Lenny Bruce and my effing cable company
- Mike Pierce's calling Rousimar Palhares a cheat and a discussion of what does and does not constitute cheating in MMA
- Eugene's contention that neither holding a heel hook too long nor soaking your body in baby oil in the sauna pre-fight is cheating
- One possible reason Jon Jones and the UFC booked him against Glover Teixeira next instead of an immediate rematch with Alexander Gustafsson (hint it's got to do with low low PPV numbers for UFC 165)
- The artful build of Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman 2 at UFC 168
- And much much more!
As always if you enjoy this sort of gum flapping, subscribe to the MMA Nation YouTube channel. Subscribers are the only ones who can watch us shoot these things live.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- UFC video: Chael Sonnen responds to Wanderlei Silva 'confrontation'
- UFC 168: Dana White says Uriah Hall needs a win or else
- B.J. Penn: 'I'm coming to beat Frankie Edgar'
- BE's Baddest MMA Greatest of All Time Tournament : #4 Randy Couture vs. #5 Cain Velasquez
- The Ultimate Fighter season 18, episode 5 live discussion