Long time bantamweight Scott Jorgensen is making the move to
MetroPCS flyweight, and while he was set to debut against Ian McCall at UFC on Fox 9, those plans have changed. McCall is recovering from a hand injury, so the UFC has replaced "Uncle Creepy" with John Dodson:
Dodson (15-6) made Darrell Montague's UFC debut a miserable one, as he used his powerful fists to send him into a late 1st round face-planting KO. It was Dodson's 3rd finish in 4 UFC victories, and he's arguably one of the pound-for-pound most powerful punchers in the sport.
Jorgensen (14-7) has lost 3 of his last 4, including a 4th round submission loss against Urijah Faber in April. The former WEC bantamweight title challenger has lost to Dominick Cruz, Eddie Wineland, Renan Barao, and the aforementioned Faber over the past 3 years. Jorgensen is known for his great chin, having been (T)KOed just once in his MMA career vs. Wineland last year.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- Invicta FC: Shannon Knapp says rumors of UFC adding a women's strawweight division are untrue
- The official UFC rankings aren't perfect, and here's why
- Team Quest fighter Michelle Ould latest to not understand loaded history of 'white pride' regarding Cain Velasquez's tattoo
- Benson Henderson wants to start road back to UFC lightweight title with Rafael dos Anjos fight
- Chael Sonnen: Dos Santos' corner should have thrown in the towel