Having been on the bench for over 6 months since his UFC debut, Gegard Mousasi is eyeing his next move with the promotion. After failing, to get the original fight he wanted against Vitor Belfort, Mousasi got on twitter to call out Lyoto Machida
As he did with the call out on Vitor in the spring, Mousasi is trying to push for a high-profile fight against another striker coming off a big win. At Saturday's UFC Fight Night 30 in Manchester, England Machida made his Middleweight debut with style in a first round headkick KO over Mark Munoz. The victory immediately thrust Machida into contendership discussions.
Mousasi made his UFC debut with an easy decision win over late-replacement Ilir Latifi at UFC on Fuel TV 9. He went into the bout with a knee injury that required surgery. He spoke after that about a possible return to Middleweight and with both of his fight requests being big names in the division, it looks like he's serious about the move.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- UFC Fight Night 30 & WSOF 6 results: Kid Nate's bathrobe review
- Chael Sonnen on titles, TUF, Vitor, Rashad, JDS and much more
- Dana White believes Rosi Sexton vs. Jessica Andrade fight should've been stopped
- UFC Fight Night 30 Results Recap: Lyoto Machida vs. Mark Munoz
- UFC Fight Night 30 Results Recap: Musoke and Lineker highlight main card filled with anti-climactic finishes