While the main event between Lyoto Machida and Mark Munoz ended decisively, the co-main event between Ross Pearson and Melvin Guillard ended in a bit of controversy. Guillard hit Pearson with two hard knees to the head, but the 2nd one was deemed illegal when replays showed that Pearson's hand was down when Guillard's knee landed. However, Pearson's hand wasn't down until after Guillard had thrown it. Pearson suffered a nasty cut on his forehead, and the fight was declared a "No Contest" at 1:57 of round 1.
As stated in the UFC Fight Night 30 post-fight press conference, the two lightweights will settle the score in London next year.
More from Bloody Elbow:
- Alexander Gustafsson vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira confirmed for March 8th event in London
- World Series of Fighting 6: Burkman vs Carl - live results, discussion, play by play
- UFC Fight Night 30: Machida vs. Munoz post-fight press conference
- UFC Fight Night 30 results: Lyoto Machida headkick KO's Mark Munoz at 3:10 of round 1
- UFC Fight Night 30 main card results: Illegal knee turns Guillard/Pearson into NC