After visiting the country of Brazil seven times in 2013, UFC president Dana White says they're going to almost double that amount of events there in 2014. While on tour in Brazil to promote UFC 168, White told reporters about the number of shows scheduled for next year and gave his reasoning as to why they're running so many shows:
"There's just so much talent in Brazil. The fact that we have the opportunity now, with the backing of Globo and Combate TV and all the other great networks that are down here, to be able to showcase this great talent, hold these events. And not just here, but beam it all across the world, it's so huge for this country. It's so huge for the athletes down here."
"We're going to build huge stars down here and continue to grow the stars that are down here. Guys like Jose Aldo, guys like Renan Barao, and this talent the rest of the world needs to see and appreciate more."
More from Bloody Elbow:
- Kogan: Nate Diaz reunion tweet more to do with date and location of Maynard fight
- Dana White on Bellator contracts: 'Their guys are screwed'
- UFC's Dana White and Anderson Silva talk weight cut death of Brazilian fighter
- UFC champ Anthony Pettis took Benson Henderson's title with a separated shoulder
- Daily MMA 9/30: Full fights JDS vs Hunt & Cain vs Brock, UFC 168 world tour, Dana scrum, Tommy Toehold