Everyone has been talking about the saturation of events in the UFC's schedule lately, and the plague of injuries to fighters that has added onto it and made a lot of cards look bad. Well despite the abundance of recent and upcoming cards, and the fact that most of them are weak, the UFC has somehow stacked one card in particular. UFC 153 in Rio.
While Henderson v.s. Edgar II tomorrow consists of a decent card, I don't think anyone would say Shields v.s. Hermanor Okami v.s. Roberts are exciting, meaningful fights, and they are the 3rd and 4th best on the card. But this card is dominant compared to 151; outside of Jones and Hendo the card looks horrendous...Siver v.s. Yagin is the co-main event right now.
152 is of similar caliber to 150 with the injury to Rory. But the UFC loves to treat Brazilian fans apparently, because 152 is stacked! This is what the card looks like:
- Jose Aldo v.s. Erik Koch (Featherweight Title fight)
- Vitor Belfort v.s. Alan Belcher
- Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson v.s. Glover Teixeira
- Erick Silva v.s. Jon Fitch
- Demian Maia v.s. Rick Story
- Gabriel Gonzaga, Diego Brandao and Rony Jason are also fighting on the card.