A refreshed UFC president Dana White talked with SB Nation's Ariel Helwani after Thursday's UFC 149 pre-event press conference, appearing revived and excited compared to recent events.
White dropped some interesting notes to Helwani, including addressing the recent Strikeforce controversy, future title contenders, why he's excited and more. Here are some highlights from the nine minute video:
- White said he is 'pumped' for the main event and co-main event, adding that the people that are down online about the card are the local ticket scalpers. "You win some, you lose some," he said.
- White said the 185-pound division has never looked better. He will announce the next challenger for 185-pound champ Anderson Silva after Saturday night's show.
- Helwani tried to get White to reveal how well UFC 148 did on pay-per-view. He said it was one of the best they have ever done. For White, what motivates him is breaking records.
More from the video and the clip itself after the jump.
- He talked about Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer's comments about Strikeforce fighters' contracts. White said that as long as Zuffa has a deal with Strikeforce, those fighters cannot go to the UFC, something that has always been 'public information'. He also addressed Lorenz Larkin's plea for bonuses and why that won't happen.
- White was also asked about the recent resignation of California State Athletic Commission director George Dodd.