Dana White's first VLOG for UFC 149 is up and it's basically a recap of everything that happened at UFC 148.
Vlog notes can be found after the jump...
- The VLOG starts with Dana doing a weird pseudo ad for Qantas airlines in Australia, discussing how nice they are and how bad American flights are. Well, I can't argue with him on that.
- We then transition into some behind the scenes stuff from UFC 148. Dana talks to the fighters and then Ronda Rousey who seems nervous about the idea of cornering saying "it's not me."
- Shots of the post-fight nonsense from Forrest Griffin and Tito Ortiz. Forrest taking the mic, Tito backstage saying that they took out a bunch of his meniscus..etc.
- We see Anderson Silva walk to the cage and Chael backstage after the fight. "As it turns out, I did not win that one" says Chael.
- Dana goes backstage and gets on Forrest Griffin's case for running out of the cage after his fight "What the fuck are you leaving for? It makes you look like you're running. ...be sad later, be sad that you won, later. Do it in the back after they call the decision."
- Dana talks to Bisping backstage who asks if the knee was legal and then says "so who is next? He needs a challenger, he needs a fuckin' challenger.
- Matt Serra tells Dana he looks great and asks if he's doing Men's Fitness again. I'm...not sure why that was in there.
- Dana sees Cung Le on crutches backstage and says he wanted to offer him a fight in China but can't if he's hurt.
I understand the "standard" way the VLOGs work. But 149 needs a lot of press, it may have been a better idea to figure out a way to really plug the show throughout the video. Other than the little flash of the poster at the end of the video, there's really nothing related to this weekend's show anywhere in it.