Pacific X-Treme Combat hosted their 5th event in the Philippines and their 31st major event overall this past weekend. BloodyElbow.com was on deck once again at the Ynares Sports Arena for PXC 31, which saw a brutal knock out finish to crown the second Filipino fighter to win gold on the promotion originally based in Guam.
Former URCC champion, Justin Cruz, lost his PXC title to the Wushu-based fighter in Crisanto Pitpitunge and got badly knocked out in the process. During the opening minutes of their bout, Pitpitunge landed a perfectly timed counter as Cruz was attempting a superman punch. One mistake and one punch is all it took, leaving the Guamanian fighter flat on the ground, unconscious.
With the victory, Pitpitunge improves to 4-1, with his only loss coming during his MMA debut against top Featherweight prospect, Mark Striegl. He claimed the PXC bantamweight title, giving the Philippines' top MMA camp in Team Lakay yet another champion in their stable.
Also on the card, Tristan Arenal, rebounded from a loss to Jon Tuck by pulling off a miracle submission finish against Richie Redman. The former number 1 contender secured an armbar finish during the last few seconds of the bout, after getting battered by Ole Laursen's Legacy Gym teammate for majority of the fight.
Before the main event started, the promotion officially announced the previously reported title fight for their next Philippine event as returning Filipino MMA icon Erwin Tagle stepped into the cage to challenge current PXC flyweight king, Ale Cali.
After the jump, full results and video of the crazy knockout finish during the main event. Follow me on twitter -- @antontabuena
PXC - Pacific X-treme Combat 31
July 14, 2012 -- Ynares Sports Arena, Pasig City
- Crisanto Pitpitunge def. Justin Cruz via KO, Round 1 [PXC Bantamweight Championship]
- Tristan Arenal def. Richie Redman via Arm bar, Round 3
- Alvin Cacdac def. Rex Wa-O via Submissioin, Round 1
- Trevin Jones def. Guzman Pia-Yas via Rear-Naked Choke, Round 1
- Rolando Gabriel Dy def. Alde Alonzo De Zosa via Rear-Naked Choke, Round 2
- Troy Bantiag def. Joseph Mercado via Unanimous Decision
- Eugene Toquero def. Victor Torre via TKO (Doctor Stoppage), Round 1
- Macky Favis def. Glen Ranillo via Decision
- Arex Montalban def. Jerry Legaspi via KO, Round 1
Here's a video of the brutal KO taken by a fan at the arena (Skip to the 1:12 mark for the finish):