Before he took off for Australia, UFC president Dana White talked to MMA Fighting/Fuel TV analyst Ariel Helwani about what he saw on UFC on Fuel 4, an event dominated by the rise of a 185-pound prospect made top contender.
Here's a few highlights of the near seven-minute piece:
- White said that loved Chris Weidman's performance, but said that it was a "bad stoppage" and was very critical of Josh Rosenthal's decision. White talked about whether Weidman is ready for Anderson Silva and the progression of how he's been brought along.
- White had a lot of praise for both James Te Huna and Joey Beltran.
- He confirmed that Ross Pearson and George Sotiropoulos will coach the Australian version of TUF and they will fight at some point.
- Helwani asked White about the recently announced Quinton Jackson vs. Glover Teixeira fight. "Rampage wants to bang. These two want to bang," White said. He talked about his relationship with Jackson as he moves into what's expected to be his final UFC fight.
- White was asked about Chael Sonnen's next move ("Only he knows what he wants to do.") and on Stephan Bonnar's future. The video then segues to Bonnar talking about his future, how he lobbied to be on The Ultimate Fighter with Forrest Griffin and whether he's really retiring.
Watch the full video: