Since you all said you enjoyed my pre-fight event facts so much, I decided to share my post-fight facts article as well. "UFC on FX 4: Maynard vs. Guida" went down last Friday night from Atlantic City, NJ, with Gray Maynard defeating Clay Guida via split decision in the main event.
- Gray Maynard vs. Clay Guida was the first 5 round fight in UFC history to go to a split decision
- Eight of Gray Maynard’s nine UFC wins have been by some form of decision. He has not finished an opponent since knocking out Joe Veres on Sept. 17, 2007.
- Clay Guida has had five UFC fights end via split decision. He has lost three and won two
- Matt Brown is the only fighter on the UFC roster with three wins in 2012
- Sam Stout is tied with Jon Fitch, Chris Lytle and Diego Sanchez for the most decision fights in UFC history at 11
- Dan Miller is the fifth fighter to have at least three-career UFC wins by guillotine choke. Nate Diaz leads the category with 4 guillotine choke wins.
- With his second-round TKO of Ross Pearson, Cub Swanson is his first two-fight winning streak since 2008.