It seems UFC Middleweight champion Anderson Silva opened Pandora's box when he released his biography earlier this year. So far, the book has seemed to cause him nothing but trouble. First, controversy hit when Silva told the story of a time he went to the house of Rafael Cordeiro with murderous intentions. Shortly after that, The Spider received a scathing reply from former teammate Jose "Pele" Landy. And now FightersOnly.com is reporting that Rudimar Fedrigo, former owner of Chute Boxe, the famed Brazilian fight team, has filed suit against Silva for "moral indemnification".
Here's a statement from Fedrigo himself:
"It saddened me so much, I'm very upset it got this this point. Not once did Anderson ever tell me anything face to face, eye to eye. It is lamentable that after so many years he shot me in the back and in such a cowardly fashion," he told R7.com.
"He questioned my qualifications, which is absurd. There is a part in which he says I am a bad person and in another he raises doubts about my gradings... Look, he missed the truth with all of that. Unfortunately I had to take a decision."
Fedrigo's suit doesn't only target Silva, but also requests that the book be taken off the shelves. A point that was supported in the initial court hearing.
As a layman, I'm not sure how this will impact Anderson in the immediate future. I would imagine the two parties will come to a settlement outside of court to avoid full legal ramifications. Either way, this can't be a good thing for Anderson with the highly anticipated rematch against Chael Sonnen on the horizon at UFC 148 on July 7.